An Openpath access control review: The benefits of Openpath technology
Openpath specializes in providing touchless access control solutions. As opposed to traditional access control systems that utilize methods such as fobs or key cards, touchless solutions don’t require users to make contact with a reader. Instead, touchless solutions use alternative technologies that eliminate physical touch for enhanced speed, convenience, and hygiene. For Openpath, the method of choice is smartphone-based access control.
Using Openpath’s systems, authorized users can simply use a mobile app to gain facility access. The application provides users with digital badges that are customized by a security manager and the unified cloud-based system enables operators to easily add, delete, or alter individual levels of access at a moment’s notice.
Beyond instant credential editing, Openpath’s cloud-based access control system also benefits operators by offering:
- Real-time reporting of all entry data, including automatic alerts to suspicious activity.
- Remote access to lockdown capabilities for the most proactive emergency responses possible.
- Patented Triple Unlock technology to ensure a fast, convenient unlocking experience with 99.9% reliability, even when the internet is down.
- Offline functionality, so even if the facility’s internet fails, the system remains operational, and syncs once connectivity is restored.
- End-to-end encryption for comprehensive protection at every level.
In addition to mobile-based access, Openpath also offers encrypted key cards and fobs for users who prefer traditional access methods.