Hampton Roads Norfolk
Our mission is to fundamentally change the way security is viewed in Hampton Roads. We do that by focusing on providing high-end, software-centric, integrated security platforms- with a focus on training and end-user satisfaction. Our goal is to secure Hampton Roads to the best of our ability; enabling our local business partners to be their best without the worry of how to handle security slowing them down.
Hourly wage varies from $18.00 to $29.00, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. We will also provide you with a cell phone, laptop, and work vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean background check
- Able to obtain and maintain a DCJS registration
- Able to obtain and maintain a DBIDs credential
- Alignment with our core values: Superior Customer Service, Integrity, Accountability, Team First Mentality, Having Each Other’s Backs.
- Role “Best Fit” traits
- Able to think outside the box
- Technology expert
- Exceptional communicator
- Able to explain complex issues/concepts in simple terminology for end-users
- Time management expert
- Interested in personal learning and growth
- Interested in technology/security
- Work with various pieces of technology, especially networking, computing (server/workstation), wireless (P2P, P2MP, WiFi), and security hardware
- Troubleshoot existing hardware in the field. Including multiple manufacturers such as Genetec, SoftwareHouse, Identiv, Bosch, Hanwha, Avigilon, Axis, and many others.
- Work with the project managers to conduct QC of new installs
- Conduct system audits and preventive maintenance inspections
- Work with system upgrades and firmware updates to ensure system optimization
- Work with system hardening guides to ensure cyber-secure deployments and corrections
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred)