Security 101 – San Jose is now recruiting a Commercial Security Service Technician that has experience servicing commercial security devices primarily IP camera and access control networked systems and overall security systems for new construction projects and modifications for existing security systems.
- Reasoning ability
- Communications skills to include customer presentations
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
- Ability to organize workload effectively
- Ability to write correspondences, and present information in one-on-one and small group
- Strong customer relations and results orientation
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to function as an effective team member
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
- CPR qualified
- Physical Demands: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching, climbing and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment and hand held power tools
- Must be able to distinguish between colors
- Other duties may also be assigned. Please note that the essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure and/or geographic location.
- Supports Customers via phone and/or by onsite service calls
- Communicates with customers to assist them in the proper use of the system
- Performs routine on-site Scheduled Maintenance calls
- Responsible for identifying, repairing and/or replacing defective parts
- Responsible for verifying all systems and components have been installed, are functioning and are documented properly prior to acceptance of the system in the Operations-to-Service Turnover meeting
- Maintains records of hours worked, parts used and work performed for each service call
- Maintains clear communications between Customers, Dispatchers and Service Manager
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and care of company assigned vehicles. Vehicle must be clean and free of defects that are considered unsafe by the company or state law
- Performs other duties which may be assigned by the Service Supervisor and/or Dispatcher
- Required to be on call after normal working hours as scheduled by the Service Manager
- Required to work after normal working hours to complete pending service call(s) or as scheduled by the Service Manager
- Assists in the training of new Service personnel on products and/or techniques
- The following are the minimum qualifications an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
- 4+ years working in a service related field
- Knowledge of AC/DC theory
- Mathematical skills
- Above average computer skills