Security 101 – Detroit metro is now recruiting for a Commercial Security Service Technician that has experience servicing commercial electronic security devices primarily CCTV, Access Control, IP Cameras, Intrusion Detection, Video Analytics, IP network systems and overall security systems. A work hard, play hard mentality is part of our company’s DNA. We love to laugh, and we make time for company functions.
Hourly wage varies from $25.00 to $32.00, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. We will also provide you with a cell phone allowance, laptop, and work vehicle.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience servicing, troubleshooting, and repairing commercial access control, IP-based video systems and intrusion alarm systems.
- Must be process oriented, with good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot customer systems via remote diagnostics with professionalism.
- Knowledge and practical experience with IT and networking is essential.
- Must be able to work independently and resolve problems to our customer’s satisfaction.
- Must possess a valid driving license and clean MVR.
- Current certification in one of the following is a plus: Access Control: Honeywell, Avigilon, Software House, Lenel/S2, OpenPath platforms. Video: Axis, Hanwha, Avigilon. Alarm: Vista, DMP, Bosch. Locking hardware, ASSA ABLOY, VonDuprin, Adams Rite, HES.
- Security 101 will provide updated training for many different manufacturers and systems.
- Servicing, and testing enterprise security systems with minimal supervision.
- System knowledge of CCTV, Access Control, IP Cameras, Intrusion Detection, Video Analytics, IP network systems, and visitor management, is preferred.
- Troubleshooting and programming networked IP video systems.
- Troubleshooting and programming networked access control.
- Servicing commercial intrusion alarm systems and other IoT connected systems.
- Providing fanatical customer service when dealing with customers.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications is a plus.