Security 101 – Connecticut is now recruiting a Commercial Security Service Technician that has experience servicing commercial security devices primarily IP camera and access control networked systems and overall security systems for new construction projects and modifications for existing security systems.
Hourly wage varies from $30.00 to $38.00, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. We will also provide you with a cell phone, laptop, work vehicle and gas card.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience servicing and programming commercial access control, IP-based camera systems and intrusion alarm systems.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in troubleshooting, including working on the customer’s network.
- Alternative experience such as a multi-site Network Support Specialist or similar.
- Ability to support customer systems via remote diagnostics with professionalism.
- Knowledge and practical experience with the internet and networking is essential.
- Must be able to work independently and resolve problems to our customer’s satisfaction.
- Must possess a valid driving license and clean MVR.
- Connecticut E, C, or L license preferred.
- Current certification in one of the following is a plus: Honeywell Pro-Watch, Genetec, C-Cure 9000, Lenel, Openpath, Exacq, AMAG and Milestone.
- Security 101 will invest in training for the right candidate.
- Servicing, troubleshooting, programming, and testing enterprise security systems with minimal supervision.
- System knowledge of access control, IP video surveillance, intrusion, and visitor management, preferred.
- Troubleshooting and programming networked IP camera systems.
- Troubleshooting and programming networked access control.
- Servicing commercial intrusion alarm systems and other IoT connected systems.
- Providing fanatical customer service when dealing with customers.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred)