Security 101 – Charleston is now recruiting for a Commercial Security Sales Engineer that has experience estimating, designing, engineering, and configuring a full range of commercial electronic security systems. Primarily IP network systems and overall security systems for new construction projects and modifications for existing security systems.
Base salary ranges from $65,000 to $75,000, plus a commission split, exempt, commensurate with skills, security industry experience, and product knowledge.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and estimating security systems for commercial access control, IP-based video security and intrusion alarm devices.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ field experience with access control, IP-based video security and intrusion alarm devices.
- Must be process oriented, with good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience of reading blueprints and engineering principles related to automation, alarms, and security systems.
- Must be able to work independently and resolve problems to our customer’s satisfaction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Preferred knowledge and experience with AutoCAD or Bluebeam.
Preferred certification in one or more of the following is a plus:
- Access Control: Honeywell, S2, Genetec, Software House, Lenel, Open Path, AMAG.
- Video: Hanwha, Genetec, Exacq, Axis, Milestone, AVA, Avigilon.
- Locking Hardware, ASSA ABLOY, Von Duprin & Adams Rite.
- Intrusion: Vista, DSC, Bosch & DMP.
Estimating, designing, engineering, and configuring enterprise security systems with minimal supervision. System knowledge of access control, IP video surveillance, intrusion, and visitor management, is required.
- Advise sales and project team members regarding best products and solutions for each project.
- Create or review formal documentation such as schematics and any technical literature to support each project.
- Configure estimates and quotes for each project utilizing Fieldwire and Security 101 web-based software for quoting.
- Respond to customer requests for information including the completion of any RFI or RFP.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement.
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred).