Security 101 – San Diego is now recruiting a Commercial Security Lead Installation Technician that can lead an installation crew effectively within the project scope. Installing and programming commercial security devices for new construction projects and modifications for existing security systems.
Hourly wage varies from $35.00 to $40.00, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. We will also provide you with a cell phone, laptop, and work vehicle.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience installing and programming commercial access control, IP-based video systems and intrusion alarm systems.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a project lead responsible for complete project management.
- Must be process oriented, with good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience with the internet and networking is essential.
- Must be able to work independently and resolve problems to our customer’s satisfaction.
- Must possess a valid driving license and clean MVR.
- Current certification or proficiency in one of the following or similar is a plus: Access Control - Honeywell Pro-Watch, S2, Software House, Lenel. Video - Axis, Avigilon, Milestone. Hardware - Von Duprin, Assa Abloy, or other locking solutions.
- Security 101 will invest in training for the right candidate.
- Installing, terminating, configuring, and testing enterprise security systems with minimal supervision.
- System knowledge of access control, IP video surveillance, intrusion, and visitor management.
- Leading a team on project installations.
- Communicate with PM for daily status, changes in scope and site conditions or delays.
- Managing quality control and providing fanatical customer service
- Taking responsibility for and tracking project progress.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred)