Security 101 – Chicago-South is now recruiting a Commercial Security Technician that has experience installing commercial electronic security devices primarily IP network systems and overall security systems.
Hourly wage varies from $25.00 to $35.00, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. We will also provide you with a cell phone, laptop, and work vehicle.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience installing, cabling, servicing, and programming commercial access control, IP-based video systems and intrusion alarm systems.
- Must be process oriented, with good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to support customer systems via remote diagnostics with professionalism.
- Knowledge and practical experience with the internet and networking is essential.
- Must be able to work independently and resolve problems to our customer’s satisfaction.
- Must possess a valid driving license and clean MVR.
- Current certification in one of the following is a plus: Honeywell Pro-Watch, Honeywell Intrusion, Milestone, Exacq, Axis, Hanwha or Brivo.
- Security 101 will invest in training for the right candidate.
- Installing, troubleshooting, programming, and testing enterprise security systems with minimal supervision.
- System knowledge of access control, IP video surveillance, intrusion, and visitor management, preferred.
- Install/Service security cameras, recorders, access control devices and intrusion systems.
- Be organized and ready for anything that comes our way.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred)