Director of Procurement
Responsible for directing, overseeing, and managing all procurement goals, initiatives, rebate programs, product offerings and objectives for our Subcontractors, Distribution and Manufacturer partners as directed by the company. This position is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, maintaining, growing, and building our relationships with our partners.
Annual salary is $160,000, exempt, commensurate with experience and product knowledge.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) match plan, paid holidays, PTO and more.
In general, this position will require a unique combination of creativity, leadership, sales, skills, in addition to adequate electronic security industry technical knowledge. Knowledge of the market and contacts within the industry are preferred. The personality traits and experience summary below are a guideline.
- 5 plus years of procurement experience with 2 years in a leadership role.
- 5 years of technical experience, electronic security experience preferred.
- Exceptional sourcing and tactful negotiating skills.
- Highly competitive, self-confident, assertive and goal oriented.
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, gross margin, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Manage the business relationship with all partners (Subcontractors, Distributors, Manufacturers)
- Develop the direction and long-term strategy for the organization with the various vendors.
- Manage the related efforts such as rebate programs, contests, Co-op dollars, points and other related benefits offered by our Vendors.
- Meet with senior leadership of each Vendor (QBR’s, Annual reviews).
- Onboard & maintain existing/new Vendors including (contract review, annual targets & programs)
- Review pricing, certification requirements and spending levels of each Vendor.
- Remain abreast of technological advancements in the Security Industry
- Attending all required trade shows, vendor annual meetings and exhibits of our partners and develop new partnerships as needed to facilitate the business product offerings.
- Assist branches with escalation issues with Vendors.
- Prepare an annual revenue goal for Vendors that can be routinely refined throughout the year.
- Travel up to 50% may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Teams.
Must pass a background check and drug screening, no criminal records.