Technician - Entry Level
Security 101 – Boston is now recruiting for an Entry Level Technician with the ability to support cabling and device installation effectively on new and existing commercial electronic security installations. Take advantage of the opportunity to learn, gain product knowledge, and grow your skills and compensation from the industry’s best.
Hourly wage varies from $28 to $38.00, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more.
- The ability to take direction and learn on the job.
- Technical, electrical and/or mechanical knowledge and abilities.
- Individuals currently in the electrical trade are encouraged to apply.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn, advance, and succeed.
- Basic construction experience or related skilled trade experience preferred.
- At least 1 – 2 years’ security experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to work from a raised platform or man-lift.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team.
- Must be able to build upon experience and be empowered to make correct decisions that are in-line with the business's direction, requirements, and values.
- Pulling and routing low-voltage cabling (CAT 5/6, coaxial, fiber, etc.).
- Terminating cable and distribution frames.
- Installing support structures.
- Troubleshooting cable infrastructure on commercial and industrial buildings
- Learn from assisting lead technicians in installations and maintenance of integrated systems based on industry approved guidelines, local codes, and standards.
- Learn to mount and terminate field devices (e.g., Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras).
- Follow job/manufacturer’s schematic wiring diagrams, blueprints, and installation procedures.
- Complete and process required documentation and administrative tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ensure high level of customer service, satisfaction, and communication.
- Valid driver’s license and Clean MVR.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement.
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred).