Hampton Roads Norfolk
Security 101 - Norfolk is now recruiting for a Commercial Security Sales Engineer that has experience estimating, designing, engineering, and configuring a full range of commercial electronic security systems. Primarily IP network systems and overall security systems for new construction projects and modifications for existing security systems.
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a commission split, exempt, commensurate with skills, security industry experience, and product knowledge.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) match plan, paid holidays, PTO and more.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and estimating security systems for commercial access control, IP-based video security and intrusion alarm devices.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ field experience with access control, IP-based video security and intrusion alarm devices.
- Must be process oriented, with good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience of reading blueprints and engineering principles related to automation, alarms, and security systems.
- Must be able to work independently and resolve problems to our customer’s satisfaction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).Preferred knowledge and experience with AutoCAD or Bluebeam.
Preferred certification in one of the following manufacturers or proficiency is a plus:
- Access Control: Brivo, Genetec, Software House, OpenPath.
- Intrusion: Vista, DSC and DMP.
- Video: Genetec, Hanwha, Bosch.
- OSHA: Certified.
- Security 101 will invest in training for the right candidate.
Estimating, designing, engineering, and configuring enterprise security systems with minimal supervision. System knowledge of access control, IP video surveillance, intrusion, and visitor management, required.
• Advise sales and project team members regarding best products and solutions for each project.
• Create or review formal documentation such as schematics and any technical literature to support each project.
• Configure estimates and quotes for each project utilizing Fieldwire and Security 101 web-based software for quoting. Respond to customer requests for information including the completion of any RFI or RFP.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement.
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred).