Plans, organizes, directs, and controls project activities required for effective management of electronic security installation projects. Supervises installation and sub-contractors. Estimates and prices job charges. Works with financial, contract management and other management reports and tools to define project problems to assure project profitability. Responsible for training and developing employees as well as responsible for the quality of installation.
- Five years of experience in the engineering and installation of Electronic and Security Systems, or related field
- Has a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, relay logic, PLC’s and operations
- Good subcontracting skills required
- An understanding of job financial reports, and the ability to control costs in the handling of large projects.
- Physical demands: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching, climbing and lifting of objects, and operating power tools and office equipment.
- Please note the essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure and/or geographic location.
- Responsible for completing As-Builds
- Responsible for completing all paperwork, PO’s are completed, notice of completions. (NOC) is sent, and jobs are turned over to service
- Job close out report is completed
- Plans and schedules engineering, installation, and subcontracting activities on large and/or complex systems, or service installed jobs
- Maintains current job plans and specifications
- Works with engineering department on design and drafting phases of jobs
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies and services and controls timely delivery to job site
- Prepares the project installation plan, manages the plan and prepares and implements job procedures
- Determines, from review of various information, necessary changes in design, contract price, installation plan or other activity and implements same
- Maintains construction schedule and coordinates task scheduling with other trades
- Selects and monitors the performance of subcontractors
- Keeps self, superiors and subordinates informed of progress
- Maintains all records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records and supervises the preparation and processing of reports for internal and external use
- May estimate or assist in estimating projects which the company is bidding
- Implements quality assurance program to continuously improve customer satisfaction
- Present a professional image of company when speaking to customers (all levels)
- Develops a relationship with the decision maker of our customer
- Routinely walks job site to ensure quality installation of company products
- Responsible for customer satisfaction on projects
- Monitors job status and controls job costs
- Provides information to determine labor and material requirements on a monthly basis
- Assists management in monthly forecasting
- Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing financial statements
- Supervises the preparation of base data required for monthly job billing
- Monitors financial and other reports and works with other management tools to define project problems
- Ensures time cards are accurately filled out, complete with job numbers, and phase codes. Times add up, hours are correct, time card is signed and turned in every Monday to the operations AA
- Devises a plan of action to remedy the problem and implements the plan; all to assure project profitability. In accordance with applicable Security 101 policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervises: Apprentices Installers Sub-Contractors
- High School education or equivalent
- Associates degree (2 year) or Bachelor degree (4 year) in a technical capacity is desirable