Plans, organizes, directs, and controls project activities required for effective management of electronic security installation projects. Supervises installation and sub-contractors. Estimates and prices job charges. Works with financial, contract management and other management reports and tools to define project problems to assure project profitability. Responsible for training and developing employees as well as responsible for the quality of installation.
Salary and Benefits: The starting annual base salary ranges from $75,000 to $85,000, plus quarterly performance bonuses, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. Company vehicle, cell phone, laptop and tablet will also be provided.
- Five years of experience in the engineering and installation of Electronic and Security Systems, or related field
- Has a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, relay logic, PLCâ€™s and operations
- Good subcontracting skills required
- An understanding of job financial reports, and the ability to control costs in the handling of large projects.
- Physical demands: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching, climbing and lifting of objects, and operating power tools and office equipment.
- Plans and schedules engineering, installation, and sub-contracting activities on large and/or complex systems, or service-installed jobs
- Maintains current job plans and specifications
- Works with engineering department on design and drafting phases of jobs
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies and services and controls timely delivery to job site
- Prepares the project installation plan, manages the plan and prepares and implements job procedures
- Determines, from review of various information, necessary changes in design, contract price, installation plan or other activity and implements same
- Maintains construction schedule and coordinates task scheduling with other trades
- Selects and monitors the performance of sub-contractors
- Keeps self, superiors and subordinates informed of progress
- May estimate or assist in estimating projects which the company is bidding
- Implements quality assurance program to continuously improve customer satisfaction
- Present a professional image of company when speaking to customers (all levels)
- Routinely walks job site to ensure quality installation of company products
- Responsible for customer satisfaction on projects
- Provides information to determine labor and material requirements on a monthly basis
- Assists management in monthly forecasting
- High School education or equivalent
- Associates degree (2 year) or Bachelor degree (4 year) in a technical capacity is desirable