Security 101 – Miami is recruiting for a Commercial Security Installation Technician that has experience installing commercial electronic security access control devices and IP-cameras for new construction projects and modifications for existing security systems.
Our hourly compensation is at the highest level in the industry, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. We will also provide you with a cell phone, laptop, and work vehicle.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience installing and programming commercial access control, IP-based video systems and intrusion alarm systems.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ basic programming experience.
- Must be process-oriented, with good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience with the internet and networking is essential.
- Must be able to work independently and resolve problems to our customer’s satisfaction.
- Must possess a valid driving license and clean MVR
- Access Control: Pro-Watch, Genetec, Software House, Lenel/S2, OpenPath.
- Video: Axis, Exacq, Milestone, Genetec, Avigilon, Hanwha.
- Alarm: DMP, Honeywell, DSC
- Security 101 will invest in training for the right candidate.
Must possess effective communication skills. Ability to read blueprints. Proper cable installation practices. Troubleshooting and problem-solving. Successfully demonstrate installation, termination, test and perform maintenance on the following hardware from manufacturers like Von Duprin, Assa Abloy, HID, Honeywell, etc.
- Mag Locks
- Electronic Door Strikes
- Card Readers and Keypads
- Electric Crash Bars
- EREX (Emergency Request to Exit Buttons)
- REX (Request to Exit) PIR
- Motion Sensors
- IP Cameras
- NVR's and DVR's
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred)