Security 101 – Dallas, is now recruiting for a Commercial Security Installation Technician that has experience installing and programming commercial security devices for new construction projects and modifications for existing security systems.
Hourly wage varies from $24.00 to $28.00, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. We will also provide you with a cell phone, laptop, and work vehicle.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience installing and programming commercial access control, IP-based video systems and intrusion alarm systems.
- Must be process oriented, with good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience with the internet and networking is essential.
- Must be able to work independently and resolve problems to our customer’s satisfaction.
- Must possess a valid driving license and clean MVR
- Current certification in one of the following is a plus: Proficiency in a variety of the following is a plus: Access Control: Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, Software House, Brivo & Openpath.
- Video: Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, Axis, Techwin & Milestone VMS
- Locking hardware, ASSA ABLOY, Von Duprin & Adams Rite.
- Intrusion: Vista, DSC, Bosch & DMP
- Security 101 will invest in training for the right candidate.
- Installing, terminating, configuring, and testing enterprise security systems with minimal supervision.
- System knowledge of access control, IP video surveillance, intrusion, and visitor management, preferred.
- Install integrated systems based on industry approved guidelines, local codes, and standards.
- Mount and terminate field devices (e.g., Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras).
- Follow job/manufacturer’s schematic wiring diagrams, blueprints, and installation procedures
- Complete and process required documentation and administrative tasks in a timely fashion.
- Commission integrated systems.
- Ensure high level of customer service, satisfaction, and communication.
- Follow safety rules and good driving habits.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred)