Technology Support Specialist (TSS)
Security 101 – Richmond is now recruiting a commercial electronic security programmer with experience in configuring access control, video management systems, intrusion, and notification.
Starting base salary varies $65,000 to $90,000, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) match plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. We will provide a vehicle, laptop, and smart phone.
- Must have at least 5 years’ career experience installing, servicing, and programming commercial access control, IP-based video systems and intrusion alarm systems.
- Experience with access control panel programming.
- The ability to build a video or access control server from the ground up.
- Familiarity/experience with alarm panel configuration and programing.
- Understanding of SQL and databases a plus.
Current certification in one or more of the following:
- Access Control: Prowatch, Genetec, Software House, Lenel/S2, OpenPath, Brivo.
- Video: Axis, Exacq, Milestone, MaxPro, Avigilon, Hanwha.
- Intrusion: DMP, DSC
- OSHA: Certified
- Security 101 will invest in training for the right candidate.
- Troubleshoot wide area/segmented networks.
- Work directly with end users on how to operate systems.
- Work directly with IT departments to assist with needed network topography for security equipment.
- Familiarity with SIP IP phone systems a bonus
- Managing quality control and providing fanatical customer service
- Taking responsibility for and tracking project progress.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred)