Security 101 – Phoenix is now recruiting for a technician with the ability to support cabling & device installation effectively on new and existing commercial electronic security installations. Take advantage of the opportunity to learn, gain knowledge, and grow your skills from the industry’s best.
Our hourly wage is at the industry’s top level non-exempt, commensurate with skills, and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, PTO and more.
- Experience in electronic security.
- The ability to take direction and learn on the job.
- Technical, electrical or mechanical knowledge and abilities.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn, succeed and advance.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to work from a raised platform or man-lift.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team.
- Pulling and routing low-voltage cabling (CAT 5/6, coaxial, fiber, etc.).
- Terminating cable and distribution frames.
- Installing support structures.
- Troubleshooting cable infrastructure on commercial electronic security projects.
- Learn from assisting lead technicians in installations and maintenance of integrated systems based on industry approved guidelines, local codes, and standards.
- Mount and terminate access control devices (e.g., Readers, Door Contacts, REXs).
- Trim out doors completely, install door strikes.
- Follow job/manufacturer’s schematic wiring diagrams, blueprints, and installation procedures.
- Complete and process required documentation and administrative tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ensure high level of customer service, satisfaction, and communication.
- Valid driver’s license and Clean MVR.
- Experience in one of the following manufacturers is a plus: Access Control: Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, Software House, Amag, Openpath. Video: Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, Axis, Milestone.
- Security 101 will invest in training for the right candidate.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement.
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred).