Security 101 – Minneapolis is now recruiting an entry level/apprentice technician with the ability to support a cabling & device installation effectively within scope of project. Communicate effectively with project Lead for daily status. Take advantage of the opportunity to learn and grow your skills and industry knowledge from the industry’s best.
Hourly wage varies from $22.00 to $26.00, non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, paid holidays, PTO and more.
- A willingness to learn and be part of a team.
- Knowledgeable in common, typical construction practices and applicable building codes.
- Experience in one of the following is a plus:
- Any experience installing, and terminating head-end commercial access control, IP-based video systems and intrusion alarm systems.
- Access Control: Honeywell, Brivo, S2, Lenel.
- Video: Avigilon, Axis, Milestone.
- Locking Hardware: Adams Rite, VonDuprin, Assa Abloy, Schlage.
Successfully demonstrate installation, termination, configure, test and perform maintenance on the following hardware from manufacturers like, Adams Rite, VonDuprin, Lenel, HID, Honeywell, etc:
- Mag Locks
- Door Strikes
- Card Readers and Keypads
- Electric Crash Bars
- EREX (Emergency Request to Exit Buttons)
- REX (Request to Exit) PIR
- Motion Sensors
- NVR's and DVR's
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement.
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred)