Application Support Specialist
Security 101 – Global Accounts is now recruiting an application Support Specialist. Responsibilities include deployment & maintenance of enterprise class security system applications including access control, video surveillance, visitor management, intrusion, and communications. Key focus on maintaining and repairing items sold through service contract or warranty.
$62,400. to $87,360/Annual non-exempt, commensurate with skills, product knowledge and experience.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401(k) match plan, paid holidays, PTO and more. We will provide a laptop, and smart phone.
- 4+ years working in the electronic field where AC/DC theory is used daily.
- 4+ years working with computers at the systems level.
- Understanding of current LAN technology, telecommunications, PLC, and relay logic.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- 4+ years working with computers at the systems level is desirable.
Key focus on maintaining and repairing items sold through service contract or warranty. This includes remote diagnostics & testing, programming and activation of new security equipment, customer training, quality control, assisting in preventative maintenance inspections, and other duties and tasks as assigned by the Service/Operations Manager.
- Remote troubleshooting & diagnostics for customer security systems
- Provides technical support to Service and Installation Technicians on all product lines supported by the company.
- Remote testing support during preventative maintenance inspections.
- Responsible for starting up and checking out systems to ensure all aspects of the system are working, documented, and reporting properly.
- Responsible for application configurations.
- Responsible for customer and employee product training.
- Maintains a good line of communications between service dispatcher and customer representative.
- Utilizes Security 101 Software Application to document, track, and close service requests.
- Help track labor hours, parts and equipment consumed in responding to scheduled service calls.
- Participates in after-hours on-call schedule.
Current certification or proficiency in one of the following is a plus:
- Access Control: Honeywell-ProWatch, Software House, Lenel, Genetec, Amag
- VMS: Honeywell-MaxPro, Genetec, ExacqVision, Milestone
- Intercom: Commend, 2N, Aiphone
- Security 101 will invest in training for the right candidate.
- High School (or GED) minimum requirement
- Electronics training from a Technical School or Military training in electronics or communications (preferred)